Saturday, February 28, 2009

March 7 Heading to Oregon



Driving by Mt. Shasta, CA.

We are heading to my most favorite place on this planet-the Oregon coast. I'll post pictures once we get there. If you don't believe in God, go to the Oregon coast. That will change your mind! Chere and Ed, our dear friends, introduced us to the Shamrock Lodgettes on the coast in a lovely little artsy community called Yahatz. It's just wonderful! We'll have a fire in the fireplace as we look at the Pacific Ocean. This will be our mini vacation/honeymoon. We can just stop and take a small breath before moving on.

God has been so very good. Last night we used our Hilton Honors points-again generously provided by Marathon-to stay in the Homewood Suites. What a lovely place! Living room, bedroom, full kitchen with a big fridge, and nice bathroom. We can highly recommend this chain.

So, we are rested, fueled up and heading north in to the cold, but eagerly anticipating this portion of the journey. Lots to do when we get to WA-but the most important is to connect with friends who have become our quasi family.

Today is my son, Rich's 36th birthday. I had no idea that I would be homeless on my son's 36th birthday! Life surely is strange, isn't it? But, it's a nice homeless. And as I've said, for every challenge throughout this insanity, God has provided us with nice accommodations, nice gyms to work out (for free), wonderful friends and family, and most of all each other!

Oh, I ran into one of my old students from University of Phoenix. He's working at the front desk at the Homewood Suites. It's a very small world!


More later....stay tuned!

No comments: